Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Where has Jackson been? Part One

You probably couldn't tell, but I haven't made a post on here since a few weeks before the end of the 08-09 season. I felt that I should explain myself and tell you what's going on.

From the time that I stopped writing till May 24th, I was busting my butt trying to get SIX months of school work done in TWO months. I was swamped to say the least. That month consisted of many Cokes, very many late nights, and have no social life. It was probably one of the worst periods of my life, but I eventually got through it.

During the playoffs, I did some writing for Ryan at the Red Light District. I had a lot on my plate in real life at this point and I eventually stopped writing there because I was literally never at a computer with enough time to throw ANYTHING together.

I then went on a huge spree of vacationing for three weeks. Starting in Cocoa Beach, Florida with my father and my brother, flying up to Boston with my brother to meet my mom and step-father, home for a couple of days, and Pensacola, Florida with a friend.

We were in Florida for game three-seven of the Stanley Cup Finals. I only was able to see the last period of every game, other than seven, because of the nightly event hosted by the surf camp that we go to every year. I'm sure my father had something up about the surf camp we do every year, but just in case he didn't, I will give a short little background of it.

The camp is hosted by a local church in Cocoa Beach, Florida. This year they had 300 kids attend. They pretty much teach you how to surf, help you improve, or you can just go out and surf.

They also have an event every evening for you to come and just hangout, win prizes (I won a surfboard my first year :D), and worship.

It's a lot of fun. Every year I meet a lot of good friends that I still keep up with.

But that's pretty much what we did for the first four days we were down there.

The day after that, we went to Disneyworld. We had a killer time, although we had to call it quits early so we could see game seven of the SCF. Totally worth it! What a game!

After a great week in Florida, my father dropped us off at the Orlando airport to fly up to Boston to meet my mom, my step-dad and his family.

This is part one of I don't know how many more posts.

I WILL BEE BOCCKKK...It's late, don't hate.

Jackson Oakes for Preds On The Glass

No comments: