Sunday, June 12, 2011

Tim Thomas and Roberto Luongo Comment on Luongo's Post Game Five Remarks

On Friday night after game five Roberto Luongo commented on Tim Thomas's play on Max Lapierre's game winning goal saying "It's not hard (making the save) if you're playing in the paint. It's an easy save for me, but if you're wandering out and aggressive like he does, that's going to happen. He might make some saves that I won't, but in a case like that, we want to take advantage of a bounce like that and make sure we're in a good position to bury those.

That quote has been the one of the primary story lines all weekend during the travel day and at Sunday's off day practice. Both Thomas and Luongo addressed the statement on Sunday after practice.

Make the jump to see what they had to say...

Tim Thomas

"I did hear about what he said, but I don't really want to go into that. My focus is on what I can do to help my team win going into Game 6 here. It's obviously a "must win" game and I think it's important for our whole team to focus on that game and what we can do on the ice."

"I guess I didn't realize it was my job to pump his (Luongo) tires (laughter). I guess I have to apologize for that. I still think I'm the goaltender on the union side and I stick with all the other goalies. In being one and knowing what it takes to perform at this level and with this amount of pressure, I understand to a certain extent what every other goaltender is going through. I guess that's that."

Roberto Luongo

"I know we're in the Stanley Cup Final and everything is under the microscope and going to get blown out of proportion. Obviously my whole comment I don't think was a negative comment if you take the whole comment. But at the end of the day, I'm one win away from winning a Stanley Cup and that's all I really care about now. All the other stuff is noise to me and doesn't really affect what's going to take place for me tomorrow night. To be honest with you, I don't really care."

More later...

Buddy Oakes for PredsOnTheGlass

1 comment:

Online Home Inspector said...

excellent article! Glad to see some hockey love on Mental Floss