- The Kings fired Terry Murray and there is speculation that Darryl Sutter will be the successor. Mike Keenan's name was also being bandied about as a possibility on Versus last night. Matt Reitz adds a Southern California perspective.
- The world is back on Sidney Crosby watch once again. After listening to his interview yesterday, you could find almost any interpretation that you wanted to hear in the media.
- Last night, Chris Chelios, Gary Suter, Keith Tkachuk, Mike "Doc" Emrick, and Ed Snider were inducted into the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame at ceremonies in Chicago.
- There was only one game last night in the NHL and it came down to the goalie pull at the end of the game before the Devils held on to beat the Lightning 5-4. Were we not headed to the Predators and Calgary, we would have a tough choice between watching Detroit at Pittsburgh (Local channels, NHL Center Ice) or new head coach John Stevens leading Los Angeles against the Stanley Cup Champ, Boston Bruins (Local channels, NHL Center Ice).
- RLD Hockey is already looking forward to the new 24/7 as a portrait of life in the NHL again this year.
- James Mirtle ponders the slippery slope that the Toronto Maple Leafs have been on in the last five weeks. Have the parade plans gone lost their usefulness?
- Russ Cohen has his December Power Rankings for the Calder Trophy and Craig Smith has fallen out of the top ten.
If you have clear skies, tonight will be the peak of the Geminid meteor shower despite a waning full moon that could pose as a distraction.
Buddy Oakes for PredsOnTheGlass