Paul McCann and SlapShot Radio will be having their fundraiser and silent auction to benefit the efforts to rebuild the Bellevue rink that was recently destroyed in in last month's flooding. It will be held at Pie in the Sky Pizza-Midtown at 110 Lyle Ave off of West End from 5:00 to 9:30.
Paul will have an expanded edition of SlapShot Radio and numerous local hockey luminaries are expected to attend. Pete Weber, Tom Callahan, Arena Host Mac, Gnash and many others are set to attend.
Game three of the Stanley Cup Finals will be on the big screens.
Here are some of the items that will be available in the silent auction:
• A Dallas Stars Jersey - Signed by the entire team
• Signed pucks from Steve Sullivan and Jason Arnott
• A signed framed print of our Olympic Medal winners, Shea Weber and Ryan Suter with their medals
• Fire and Ice Enetertainment Packages featuring gift certificates from Sportsplex, the wave pool and Pie in the Sky
• Rock Climbing Packages from the Crag @ Cool Springs
• Pizza Lover’s Packages from Pie in the Sky
• Pete Weber recording your voice mail announcment
• Puck signed by Gordie Howe
• Puck signed by Bobby Hull
• Two brand new Warrior "Kronik" Adult Sticks
• Bauer Hockey Roller Bag - X-Large
• Game used, signed sticks from former Preds Greg Zanon and Chris Mason and current Pred JP Dumont
• Elvis Presley Stamps - First Day Issue Collection
• A Collector's Tin containing 30 exclusive Pinnacle Joe DiMaggio cards.
• A Collector's Tin featuring Mickey Mantle Upper Deck Metallic Impressions Collector cards.
• A Cal Ripkin Ironman Commemorative issue 23k Gold Foil Card
We encourage everyone to attend and support youth in-line hockey in Nashville.
Tonight's Chicago-Philadelphia Game Three...
Hockey fans hoping for an extended series will be pulling for the Philadelphia Flyers tonight against the Chicago Blackhawks as the series moves to the East coast for game three. Coverage moves to Versus and starts at 7:00 p.m.
This series resembles the Western Conference finals where San Jose was close in every game but never broke into the win column. The Flyers best chance for a win is tonight in front of a highly charged Philadelphia crowd but Chicago has been exceptional on the road, not losing since the first round.
I expect a much more physical, game with more power play opportunities than we have seen so far. This will be a night where the hotter goalie will have a chance to be the difference.
In Pred Nation...
Scott Cullen at TSN looks at the Pred's off season plan.
Paul McCann has his latest update on tonight's event as well as a few thoughts after two games of the finals.
Ryan at RLD Radio on BTR had The Hockey News' Adam Proteau on yesterday's show. Here is the podcast.
Aaron Sims has received additional duties in Milwaukee in addition to his current play by play position.
Around the NHL...
Detroit re-signed Nicklas Lidstrom to a one year deal worth that will keep the future hall of famer in the league for another year.
Ryan's at the RLD has version two of his mock draft with a change at the top.
Puck Daddy has the story of Chris Pronger's intimidation by snatching pucks.
Steve Lepore has the big numbers for NBC for game two. Here more detail from the NBC release.
The Hockey Hall of Fame announced that Marc De Foy and Ron Weber will be inducted into the media wing of the HHOF in a November ceremony. June 22 is the day for other nominees to be announced.
We had news last week of an IHL and CHL merger. The official announcement came out yesterday.
Eric Smith discusses the Blue Jackets current needs at Bleacher Report. Also, congrats to Eric with his new gig at Fox Sports Ohio.
One of the age old traditions in new facilities is the mass toilet flush. They are looking for volunteers in Pittsburgh.
Bridgestone has signed on for five more years of Winter Classic sponsorships.
Odds and Ends...
Alleged Tennesseans, Al and Tipper are splitting up after 40 years.
Michelle Kenneth does a book review of "Eleven Minutes".
Buddy Oakes for PredsOnTheGlass