- Due to year end and getting ready for the trip to the Winter Classic, we didn't have a full pregame report for tonight's Predators at Blues game. We would have discussed that to date, in the calendar year 2011, the Preds are 44-27-9 including an 18-13-4 mark during the current season. Also, it will be the Predators third meeting with the Blues and second in the "Gateway to the West" this season. The Predators won 4-2 on the road on October 8, which was their second game of the season. They also bested the Blues 2-1 on December 17 in an overtime shoot-out game at Bridgestone Arena. For full previews, check out Ryan Porth, Amanda DiPaolo, The Tennessean, Dirk Hoag, Predatorial, Paul McCann, Fang Finger, and Preds.com. Ryan Porth also has an audio clip of Matt Halischuk previewing the Blues.
- The latest on the injury situation includes the Preds not being in a hurry to rush Shea Weber back and Kevin Klien being out again tonight. Josh Cooper also previews the light-saber battle between Barry Trotz and Ken Hitchcock.
- Jim Diamond looks at Barry Trotz as the 24/7 viewer of his friend John Tortorella. He also looks at the 2009 Preds NHL Entry Draft picks making an impact in the NHL.
- J.R. Lind's Hippodrome is becoming an anticipated Friday favorite as he rounds up the Smashville sports scene.
- Puck Daddy named Shea Weber as one of the top ten NHL players of 2011.
- John Manasso looks at the NHL's concussion problem and Shea Weber's situation.
- Mark Willoughby has his year ending "My View" at The View from 111.
One of our favorite space watchers, Joe Rao, has the top 12 must see space/sky events or "skylights" for the coming year.
Buddy Oakes for PredsOnTheGlass