- Yesterday on RLD Hockey Talk we had Caps play-by-play guy Joe Beninati and NHL.com's Dan Rosen as our special guests covering a wide range of topics. Check it out here.
- Those that waited up late last night were treated to a great game at Staples Center as the Kings beat the Ducks 2-1 in a skills contest. The Kings cross over to the Duck Pond tonight for a rematch (NHL Center Ice, Local channels, 9 pm.CST) in our late game pick of the night.
- We choose Pittsburgh at Tampa (NHL Network, 6:30 p.m. CST) for our early game of the night in a rematch of last year's first round series that sent the Pens home prematurely. Sidney Crosby is along for the ride but will not play.
- Will the Pens be seeking revenge for their playoff loss? Backhand Shelf has an interesting look at the records of "revenge" teams.
- Ryan Kennedy discusses frontier justice in light of the Sabres lack of response to Milan Lucic's hit on Ryan Miller.
- This is a little late, but I just saw this site last night and they chronicle all aspects of games missed due to injuries. Springing Malik has moved into one of my must read sites.
- As always, we can't get enough of Shanny TV, so here's the latest where Chris Stewart gets three games.
In California, a man high on Meth was charged with killing a bobcat without a permit. After killing it, he skinned it and ate the cat. Do you think he favors the Ducks or the Kings?
Buddy Oakes for PredsOntheGlass