- The countdown is on for Saturday's 1000th game celebration against the Montreal Canadiens that will have a special 6 p.m. start so that all of Canada may see the Preds and the Habs play in their only meeting of the year. David Boclair looks at the franchise's opening night in 1998 and points out that many things look the same as they did then.
- Jon Blum is happy to be back in the Southland planing in front of friends and family.
- Pekka Rinne's new contract appears to have put the entire Predator team in a more positive frame of mind.
- Ken Campbell of The Hockey News gives his view from the north country of the Predators' deal with Pekka Rinne. Some of the comments are interesting too. The part that most folks that don't follow the team closely miss is what a quality individual the 6'5" Fin really is. That character aspect is what makes it a good deal for all involved.
- RLD Hockey's Saturday Face-Off argues who to keep if the Preds can only have one of Ryan Suter and Shea Weber.
- AJ ponders if the Cal O'Reilly trade could be a second coming of the Rich Peverley loss via waivers in January 2009.
- Admirals' Roundtable chronicles the successful two-win weekend for Milwaukee.
Odds and Ends Bonus... We just missed seeing the Cocoa Beach Air Show when we were there last week but we did see a few planes practicing. It was a real oddity that we saw stunt planes on the east coast as well as a random display when we were at Mavericks in Half Moon Bay in California in August.
Go here for POTG discount tickets for the Montreal game as well as all remaining games and use the offer code preds.
Buddy Oakes for PredsOntheGlass