- Join us today at 12:30 p.m. for Smashville on the Glass Radio that will feature the voice of the Predators Pete Weber as our guest as we approach the 1000th game celebration on Saturday. Join us live or on podcast later.
- It is interesting that Puck Daddy and NHL.com had Craig Smith as the number one star in the NHL last night and the Ducks' media didn't even have him as the first star of the game, giving the nod to Marty Erat. There is no love lost between the Ducks and the Preds, even in the media.
- Dirk Hoag leads off his breakfast links with a few comments on the odd standoff in Philadelphia last night when neither the Flyers or Lightning were willing to make a move to advance their cause.
- Jon Rosen has a nice feature on Jon Blum's emergence as a product of the Southern California hockey scene.
- Pekka Rinne is in the top five candidates for the Vezina at ESPN's Trophy Tracker. Go figure!
- The well loved Jeff Miller of the Orange County Register continues to be fixated on the "Hee Haw" image that he has of Music City when he Tweeted @jeffmillerOCR Keep it classy, bumpkins during last night's game.
- While the Predators are celebrating their 1000th game this weekend, the Milwaukee Admirals have big plans for their home games against Chicago Wolves on Saturday and the Oklahoma City Barons on Sunday.
Odds and Ends... A recent survey found that between 28 to 56% of workers were so demoralized that they were considering quitting their job (I wonder who paid for that wisdom). It was also revealed that respect and work-life balance were more important than pay and benefits. Maybe that is why, you never hear anything negative about how Barry Trotz treats his "employees."
Buddy Oakes for PredsOntheGlass